WYSIWYG Editor is the first requirement if you want to develop a web application which involved HTML editing and you want your user see a real time preview of what they are editing. Most of the available Content Management System and other publishing platform in the web are using WYSIWYG editor for easy page editing. So I will rounding up to you the best JS WYSIWYG editor in the web.
TinyMCE is my personal choice. I love its flexibility and highly customizable.
- Easy to integrate – Only a few lines of code needed.
- Customizable - Themes and plugins, block invalid elements and force attributes.
- Browserfriendly - Mozilla, MSIE, FireFox, Opera, Safari and Chrome.
- Lightweight - PHP/.NET/JSP/Coldfusion GZip compressor, Makes TinyMCE 75% smaller and a lot faster to load.
- AJAX Compatible – You can easily use AJAX to save and load content!
- International - Multilanguage support using language packs.
- Open Source – Free under the LGPL license, millions of ppl help test and improve this editor every day.
FCKeditor is a full featured, well-documented & simple to use WYSIWYG HTML text editor. It is lightweight, easy to implement. With an integrated powerful ajax file manager, CKFinder, you can control both the media & content of your web applications.
- Multi browser compatibility
- Outputs XHTML 1.0
- CSS support for better integration with your web site
- Font formatting: type, size, color, style, bold, italic, etc
- Text formatting: alignment, indentation, bullets list, etc
- Cut, Paste, and Paste as Plain Text, Undo and Redo
- Paste from Word cleanup with auto detection
- Link and anchors support
- Image insertion, with upload and server browsing support
- Table creation and editing (add, delete rows, etc) – one of the best systems on the market.
- Table cells editing (size, colors, etc)
- Form fields
- Right click context menus support
- and more…
Setting up openWYSIWYG is so easy, you can quickly turn any <textarea$gt; into a powerful WYSIWYG editor with just a few simple lines of code.
Packed with every rich text editing feature you need, openWYSIWYG gives you total control over formatting your text. The ultimate <textarea$gt; replacement for your content management system.
- Powerful Editing Environment
- Enhanced Table Creation
- Cross-Browser Compatible
- Dropdowns with Formatting Preview
- Open Source Licensing
- Sleek User Interface
This plugin is an inline content editor to allow editing rich HTML content on the fly. It’s an alternative to WYMeditor with much less features. With a small file size less than 17Kb 26Kb total and only 9Kb 18Kb of code and 7Kb packed, the main concept is to keep it simple, not all users need font coloring or create tables, just the basic.
WYMeditor’s main concept is to leave details of the document’s visual layout, and to concentrate on its structure and meaning, while trying to give the user as much comfort as possible (at least as WYSIWYG editors).
WYMeditor has been created to generate perfectly structured XHTML strict code, to conform to the W3C XHTML specifications and to facilitate further processing by modern applications.
- XHTML strict + CSS compliant
- No font or text formatting, sizes or colors – WYMeditor is CSS-based
- Designed to be easy to integrate into your application
- Will remain as simple as possible
- We focus on well-tested code, stability and usability before adding new features
- Image, link, table support
- APIs, plugins support
- Free and Open Source, fully adaptable to your needs
- Fast and unobtrusive integration
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
- Toolbar and drop down menus
- Fully customizable and scriptable
- Editor’s features callable from any place
- Ajax dynamic preview
- Customizable Skins
NicEdit is a Lightweight, Cross Platform, Inline Content Editor to allow easy editing of web site content on the fly in the browser.